Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
Serve up this slow cooker pulled pork in a lettuce wrap for a quick weeknight dinner.
Cut: Pork Roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-7 hours
Number of Servings: 16
- 1 (2 lb/ 1kg) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) grated ginger root
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sweet chili sauce
- 2 large carrots cut into matchstick
- 2 large daikon radishes cut into matchsticks
- 16 Romaine lettuce leaves
- Microgreen for garnish (optional)
- In a slow cooker, add pork loin and water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to the slow cooker and heat through.
To prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, ginger root and sweet chili sauce. Set aside.
To assemble: Line lettuce leaves with pulled pork, carrots and radish. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with microgreens. Serve.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|