Pork and Fresh Ginger Soup
This quick and easy soup is perfect for those busy family nights when you don’t have time to cook.
Cut: Pork Chops
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- Reserved Pork Thai Fry
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) light coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat free half and half
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges, divided use
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated peeled gingerroot
- 1/8 tsp to1/4 tsp (.5 – 1 mL) crushed pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- Combine the reserved Pork Thai Fry mixture, tomatoes and its liquid and the water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, half and half, sugar and juice of 2 lime wedges, cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cilantro, ginger, pepper flakes and salt. Cover and let stand 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
1 1/4 cups (310 mL).
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
Source: Nancy Hughes