Baked Apple & Bacon Pancake
Looking for brunch inspiration? Try this apple and bacon oven pancake.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 4-6
- 4 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 6 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked, drained and torn into small pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- In large bowl, combine apple slices, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- In 10-inch oven-proof or cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter; swirl to coat bottom and sides of skillet. Arrange seasoned apple slices over bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add flours, sugar, vanilla extract and salt; whisk until batter is smooth. Pour batter evenly over apples and bacon.
- Place skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes. Remove skillet from oven. Slide pancake onto serving platter and slice into wedges. Serve immediately. Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Source: Manitoba Pork