Ooey-Gooey Bacon Tarts
Is it possible to improve the butter tart? Add bacon, of course.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Number of Servings: 18
- 18 tart shells, frozen
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped pecans
- 6 slices bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Place frozen tart shells on baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Add maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, pecans and bacon. Mix well. Divide mixture evenly between 18 tart shells.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is set. Remove to wire rack. Cool slightly. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
Source: Manitoba Pork