Buffalo-Style Pork Meatballs
Move over hot wings! These buffalo-style meatballs will be the hit off your next party or gathering.
Cut: Ground Pork
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 15
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground Canadian pork
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Buffalo wing sauce, plus more for coating
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped celery
- 4 Tbsp (60 mL) finely shredded carrot
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped yellow onion
- Canola oil for frying
- In large bowl, combine ground pork with Buffalo wing sauce, egg, panko crumbs, celery, carrot and onion. Form mixture into meatballs about the size of a golf ball.
In large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL) oil over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches, turning often until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium if meatballs are browning too quickly, and add more oil between batches if needed.
Remove meatballs from skillet to a plate lined with paper towels. Dab meatballs with additional paper towel to remove excess oil.
In medium bowl, toss meatballs in a small amount of additional Buffalo wing sauce. Serve with your favourite raw veggies and dip.
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Source: Manitoba Pork