Grilled Bacon Chops with Apricot Bourbon Glaze
Grilled bacon wrapped pork chops glazed with apricot bourbon are packed with flavour and are incredibly simple to make.
Cut: Pork Loin Centre Chop
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 4 pork loin center chops, boneless, 1 - 1 1/2-inch thick / 2.5 - 3.75 cm thick
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple bacon flavoured seasoning
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, partially cooked, drained and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apricot jam
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) bourbon
Arrange chops on plate or cutting board. Shake seasoning onto both sides of chops. Wrap bacon slice around chop. Secure with wooden toothpick. Repeat with remaining chops and bacon. Set aside.
In small saucepan, combine jam, brown sugar, mustard and bourbon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Remove glaze from heat; reserve half the glaze.
Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat on one side to medium. On lightly oiled grill grate, sear chops over high heat side, 2-3 minutes per side. Slide chops over to lower heat side. Grill chops an additional 8-10 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F (68 °C). Turn chops occasionally and brush often with glaze.
Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes. Remove toothpicks. Serve chops with reserved glaze.
1 pork chop per serving
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Source: Manitoba Pork