Pork Chef’s Salad
This main dish salad topped with grilled pork tenderloin makes for a great summertime meal on a hot day.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1 lb (500 g) pork tenderloin
- 8 cups (2 L) mixed green
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (250 mL) red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 large eggs, hardboiled and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
Preheat BBQ to medium-high heat.
In small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, brown sugar and garlic powder.
Rub tenderloin with mixture and wrap in foil. Place on the grill for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155°F to 160°F (68°C to 71°C) is reached. Remove tenderloin from foil and return to the grill. Cooking for an additional 5 minutes, browning both sides. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
To assemble the salad: In a large serving bowl, layer the bottom with the mixed greens. On top of the greens, place the remaining ingredients in rows (similar to photo). Serve with your favourite salad dressing and rolls or garlic bread!
Per 1 salad
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|