Moroccan Spiced Pork Wrap
Wrap up your day with this quick and easy spiced pork wrap filled with onion, red pepper and zucchini.
Cut: Pork Loin, Rib Roast
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground coriander, ground cumin, brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground all spice, ground cardamom, ground cinnamon, ground chili powder, salt and black pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) pork loin or boneless rib roast, sliced into 1/2” thick cutlets
- 4 slices of naan or pita flat bread
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared hummus
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro
In large bowl, toss together onion, red pepper, zucchini, oil, salt and pepper. Cook directly on grill over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
In medium bowl, mix together coriander, cumin, brown sugar, all spice, cardamom, cinnamon, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Toss the pork into the mixture until well coated. Place directly on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let pork rest for 5 minutes and then cut into strips.
Warm naan or pita bread on the barbecue, 1 minute on each side. Spread 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of hummus on the each flat bread, top with the grilled vegetables and sliced pork. Sprinkle with cilantro and wrap tightly in parchment or wax paper. Serve with extra hummus.
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|