Thai Sweet Chili Marinade
This sweet and spicy marinade makes enough for 4 pork chops, a 2 lb / 1 kg pork roast or 1 lb / 500 g pork ribs. If you like it hot add a little more chili sauce or red pepper flakes.
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) EACH lemon or lime juice; canola oil and chopped fresh cilantro/coriander
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) EACH Thai fish sauce (or soy sauce) and minced fresh ginger
- 1 fresh green onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Chinese chili sauce or hot red pepper flakes
- In a plastic sealable bag or glass dish, combine all ingredients. Seal and cover for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or longer in the fridge.