Classic Pork Sloppy Joe
This classic family favourite is easy to make and sure to please.
Cut: Ground Pork
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground pork
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 toasted buns
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, break up the pork with a wooden spoon and cook until no pink remains. In the same skillet, cook onions and green peppers until soft, around 4 minutes.
In medium bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Add sauce to the pork and cook for about 2 minutes until the mixture is heated through.
Spoon onto buns and top with 1/4 cup (60 mL) of baby arugula. Serve.
1 Sloppy Joe
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|