Pork Enchilada Roll-Up
A simply weeknight meal the whole family will love! Recipe includes how-to-video.
Cut: Ground Pork
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground pork
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chilli powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oregano
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) paprika
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned corn, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 6- 7” round tortillas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced green onion
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground pork with salt and pepper. Mix in chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, black beans and corn. Cook for another 2 minutes.
In medium sized bowl, mix together 1/2 cup (125 mL) Monterey Jack cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and salsa.
Scoop 1/2 cup (125 mL) of pork mixture and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the cheese mixture onto tortilla. Roll up and place into a greased 11 x 17 inch (28 x 43 cm) casserole dish. Repeat until all of the tortillas have been used.
Sprinkle tortillas with remaining 1 cup (250 mL) Monterey jack cheddar cheese and bake uncovered in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove casserole dish from the oven and top with sour cream and green onions.
Tip: Recipe can be frozen before baking for up to 3 months.
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|