Crispy Mexican Pork Cutlets
The fresh salsa topping make these pork cutlets perfect for supper on a warm summer evening.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb (500 g) pork leg or pork sirloin cutlets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
In medium bowl, stir together avocado, tomato, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, canola oil, salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat BBQ to medium-high heat. Using a meat mallet, pound cutlets to about 1/4” thickness.
In small bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Place the flour and beaten egg in separate bowls. Dip each cutlet into the flour, followed by the egg mixture and finally breadcrumbs. Repeat the process for remaining cutlets. Set aside in fridge until ready to cook.
Place the cutlets directly on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Serve topped with the avocado salsa and a small dollop of sour cream (optional).
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|