Crusty Cuban-Style Lunch Loaf
This simple and delicious sandwich is sure to become a family favourite.
Cut: Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- Reserved Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin and Thyme Aioli
- 12 oz (350 g) whole grain or multigrain Italian or French loaf bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced poblano chilies or green bell pepper
- 16 hamburger dill pickle chips
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out the top and bottom half of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use.
- For a crunchier crust, place bread shells on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven. Turn oven on to 350 °F (180 °C). Bake for 10 minutes. (no need to preheat oven!)
- Spread equal amounts of the aioli on the cut side of the top half of the bread. On the bottom half of the bread, arrange the avocado, topped with the pickles, onion, peppers, pork slices and black pepper. Press down lightly to allow ingredients to adhere. Cut into 4 pieces.
Cook’s Note: You can use the unused portion of the bread to make croutons or place in a blender or food processor to make breadcrumbs for toppings or to add to a meatloaf or meatballs to act as a binder!
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
Source: Nancy Hughes