Mediterranean Pork Bunwich
Take your taste buds on a trip to the Mediterranean with this bunwich topped with pesto pork and grilled vegetables.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) cooked pork roast
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced eggplant
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pesto
- 4 buns, halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula (watercress or baby spinach may be substituted).
- Heat BBQ grill to medium-high heat.
- In medium bowl, toss eggplant, onion and red pepper in oil, salt and pepper. Wrap vegetables in foil and grill for 15 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss together the pesto and pork slices. Re-heat the thin slices of pork on the grill for one minute. Place bun halves cut side down on the grill to toast for 1 minute.
- To serve: layer buns with pork slices, grilled vegetables, cheese and arugula.Return buns to the top rack of the BBQ and close the lid. Cook for one-two minutes just long enough to melt the cheese.
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|