Pork & Mushroom Stroganoff
This creamy pork stroganoff is simple to make and only takes 25 minutes. Perfect for those busy weeknights!
Cut: Pork Loin Chop
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 lb (500 g) Canadian pork loin centre cut chops, boneless, well-trimmed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 lb (350 g) mixed mushrooms, quartered or coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup / 175 mL sodium-reduced beef broth
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) ketchup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked rice*
- 2 large dill pickles, chopped, for garnish*
- Using a sharp knife, slice pork chops across the grain into thin strips, about 1/4-inch in thickness and 2 inches in length.
- In large sauté pan, heat oil over high heat. Saute pork for a few minutes, just until lightly browned. Remove from pan onto a clean plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat melt butter. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan; sauté just until mushrooms cook down, about 5 minutes. Add flour; stir mixture until vegetables are evenly coated, about 1 minute. Mix in broth, stirring continuously until mixture thickens. Add mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and paprika; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add sour cream; stir until mixture is well-blended.
- Return pork and any juices to skillet. Stir to combine and simmer until pork is heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve Stroganoff over hot cooked rice and garnish with chopped dill pickle.
*Alternatively, serve Stroganoff over hot cooked egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.
Note: Using a variety of mushrooms (a combination of white button, crimini, shiitake and/or portabella mushrooms) adds an earthy nuance that elevates this dish to restaurant quality.
2 cups (500 mL) per serving
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
Source: Manitoba Pork