Pork Parmesan Pockets
Change up your pizza night with this tasty alternative.
Cut: Shoulder Blade Roast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 1 (3 lb/1.5 kg) pork shoulder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) pasta or pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb 5 oz (587 g) ready to use pizza dough
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley to garnish
Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
In slow cooker add pork shoulder, oregano, garlic, onion, red pepper and 1 cup (250 mL) pizza sauce. Cook on low for 8 hours. Once pork is tender, drain the slow cooker and shred pork with two forks, removing any excess fat.
In medium bowl, mix together 2 cups (500 mL) shredded pork, the remaining pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Pull 3 oz (85 g) of pizza dough into a 7" circle. Fill with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the meat mixture, press closed with a fork and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the dough and meat mixture is used. Brush each pocket with the egg yolk and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley for garnish.
Tip: Double the recipe and freeze for lunches and on the go meals!
1 Pork Pocket
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|