Asian Rib Roast
This Asian rib roast is a delicious twist on your classic pot roast.
Cut: Rib Roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 (3 lb /1.5 Kg) pork rib roast with 6 ribs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed carrot
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed Chinese eggplant
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Sesame oil
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
In large roasting pan, rub the pork rib roast with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Surround the roast with the onion, carrot, baby bok choy and eggplant. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
To make sauce: In a small saucepan, whisk together ginger, garlic, soy sauce,
honey, cornstarch and sesame oil. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened.
Remove roast from oven after 40 minutes, pour sauce over roast and continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 155°F (68°C). Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Tip: Use a meat thermometer when cooking pork to ensure a juicy tender product.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|