Santa Fe Pork Tenderloin Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
This hearty salad is packed with grilled pork, romaine lettuce, tomato, black beans, corn, avocado, tortilla strips, cheese and tossed with a zesty cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
Cut: Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 (12 oz / 350 g) Canadian pork tenderloin, well-trimmed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Canola oil
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Tex-Mex seasoning
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canola oil
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped cilantro
- 8 cups (2 L) spring mix or torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (14 oz / 396 mL) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) tortilla strips or broken tortillas chips
- Shredded Tex-Mex cheese (optional)
For the Pork:
- Butterfly pork tenderloin by slicing horizontally, not quite through. Open tenderloin as you would a book; cover with plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, rolling pin or heavy pan, pound meat until 1/4-inch thick. Brush each side with canola oil and sprinkle generously with Tex-Mex seasoning. Cover and let sit 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tenderloin 5-7 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook. Remove tenderloin from heat onto a clean plate or cutting board; let cool slightly. Slice tenderloin across the grain into 1⁄4-inch thick slices.
For the Vinaigrette:
- In 2 cup (500 mL) measuring cup, whisk together canola oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chopped cilantro; mix until well blended.
For the Salad:
- In large bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn and avocado.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
- Arrange pork slices on salad greens. Garnish with tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
2 cups (500 mL) per serving
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Source: Manitoba Pork