Jamaican Jerk Fajitas
Spice up your next taco night with these quick and tasty fajitas.
Cut: Pork Loin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Number of Servings: 4-6
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) EACH cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried thyme, dried parsley, sugar and salt 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH paprika and ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) EACH ground black pepper, red pepper flakes and ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 lb (500 g) Canadian pork loin or leg strips
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) jerk seasoning*
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 small white onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 4-5 mini bell peppers (orange, red, yellow and/or green), seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plum sauce
- 4-6 our tortillas, warmed
For the seasoning:
- Measure all ingredients into a small jar with a tight fitting lid; shake to combine.
- Store leftover seasoning in an airtight container in a dry place away from heat or light.
For the pork:
- In medium bowl, toss pork strips with jerk seasoning.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté pork strips with onion and peppers until vegetables are tender crisp, 4-5 minutes. Stir in plum sauce and heat until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Spoon meat and vegetable mixture evenly down centre of each tortilla. Fold or roll up tortilla as desired.
- Serve with your favourite coleslaw or omit tortillas and serve over hot cooked rice.
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
Source: Manitoba Pork