Pork & Pineapple Bake
Pork and pineapple come together to create this simple-to-prepare dish perfect for family dinners.
Cut: Leg Steaks
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb (500 g) Pork leg or sirloin steak, 1x1 inch cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL sliced red onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrot slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup (250 mL) Basmati rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork cubes for 2 minutes or until all sides are browned.
- In 9x13-inch (22 x 33 cm) glass casserole dish combine the pork, pineapple, snow peas, red pepper, red onion, broccoli, carrot, water chestnuts and rice.
- In large saucepan, whisk together garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch and sesame oil. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over the pork and vegetables and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Stir the casserole once after about 40 minutes. Garnish with sesame seeds.
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|